Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca> on 2004/11/05 20:13:40 UTC

Retrieving XML Output

I was poking around through the WebDAV RFC yesterday to piece together
some ideas for building a frontend application. I was doing some manual
requests via telnet to probe the various capabilities of slide yesterday
and was happy with the various reports that I could retrieve with
various queries.

I have not done any programming with the WebDAV or Slide API's provided,
and ideally am hoping I can skip that step if possible. I was wondering
what the easiest way to send queries and receive the XML output result
from slide?

Obviously a properly formed request is required first of all, but after
that, all I want is the XML result. I don't want to have to build it
programatically with Java if I can avoid it.

Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated. This is related to my
research into using Cocoon to build a frontend.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Re: Retrieving XML Output

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
For Cocoon you can have a look at the HttpProxyGenerator and
WebServicesProxyGenerator. Be aware that neither of them support BASIC
http authentication (as far as I can tell), but adding support for that
shouldn't be too hard. From there you should be able to get the XML with
ease :). I'm not sure about headers, though.

-James