Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/30 16:06:31 UTC

Ideas for samplers

I'm leaving my current position at the end of today, so starting next
week I will have time between jobs to whip up some new samplers I've
been thinking of. The ones I'm considering right now include

JMS sampler
EJB sampler - using local interface to look up and exercize an ejb

Anyone interested in either one of these, please feel free to respond
with thoughts, ideas, and suggestions.

peter

Re: Ideas for samplers

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
hmm... sounds cool

peter

Re: Ideas for samplers

Posted by John Schult <sc...@gmail.com>.
I am working on a WebDAV sampler.  It seems to fit in well.  Is there
any interest in it?  I should have it completed soon.

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:20:43 +0100, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:17:24 -0400, Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org> wrote:
> > This all sounds good.  I need to do that merge to HEAD, and then I
> > suppose also a version 2.0.2 should go out (ugh, I hate doing releases).
>
> Can I help in any way?

john david schult
usa : georgia : buford
ph: 404.214.5818

Assisting with next release Was: Ideas for samplers

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:46:47 -0400, Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org> wrote:
> Great!  Haha, not trying to take over?  Damn.  Well, if we share this,
> that'll be a big help to me, because making releases is really the most
> painful part (well, apart from documentation).

Happy to share this, but I'll probably need some more pointers
initially, e.g. presumably one needs to create a CVS tag of some kind
to mark the files comprising the release.

> On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 12:37, sebb wrote:
> > Looks like I have access - I'm in the jakarta group, which seems to
> > own the directory.
> >
> > I can check this by adding a header page like the Velocity one, if that's OK?
> > [This would be useful anyway.]

OK, I've done that, and linked the files to the source and binary
sub-directories.
Need to check if these files are normally held in CVS - at present the
only copy is in the dist subirectory.

> > I'll then try and go through all the release stages - apart from updating dist.

And apart from creating the CVS tag.

Re: Ideas for samplers

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ideas for samplers

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
This all sounds good.  I need to do that merge to HEAD, and then I
suppose also a version 2.0.2 should go out (ugh, I hate doing releases).

Some additions:

We should support external resource files so that people can easily
plugin their own translations and/or supply resource translations for
their plugin code.

Update the docs - there are some missing component sections.

-Mike

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 11:01, sebb wrote:
> Sounds good - can't think of any more at present.
>
> But it does remind me about the proposed new CVS branch(es):
>
> Once the rel 2.0 branch is merged with HEAD, it seems to me that it
> would be useful to have a short period (2-4 weeks?) when all changes
> are made to HEAD only.
>
> There are quite a few global changes that it would be worth making
> _before_ branching again to support JMeter 3.0 / JDK1.5 development,
> for example:
>
> * I18N - extract all language-sensitive strings into properties files,
> and mark others as NON-NLS
>
> * FindBugs - there are quite a few oustanding warnings from that,
> particularly in the htmlparser code
>
> * some of the Excalibur modules we are using have become obsolete, as
> far as I can tell; it looks as though the bits we need are now in
> Commons.
>
> * logging: now that we are using httpclient, which uses the generic
> logging interface, I'd like to standardise on that for the rest of
> JMeter, if possible. This would mean minor changes to every module
> that uses logging.
>
> S.
>

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:06:31 -0500, Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm leaving my current position at the end of today, so starting next
> > week I will have time between jobs to whip up some new samplers I've
> > been thinking of. The ones I'm considering right now include
> >
> > JMS sampler
> > EJB sampler - using local interface to look up and exercize an ejb
> >
> > Anyone interested in either one of these, please feel free to respond
> > with thoughts, ideas, and suggestions.
> >
> > peter

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation