Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by spyros Papantoniou <sp...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/06 09:44:00 UTC

Re: Font Cascade

Sergiu Dumitriu <sergiu <at> xwiki.com> writes:

Hello Sergiu,
I have downloaded and installed freefont on Snow Leopard,
Word writes greek ok in freeSerif,
however fop still puts ###### in place of teh Greek letters
when I choose FreeSerif as font family.

Any ideas how to convince fop 0.95 to write greek?

many thanks
Spyros

Re: Font Cascade

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,
As said in FAQ (see [1]), '#' means that a character is not found in the
used font.
This can have multiple causes:
 - FOP is not correctly configured to use the provided font and falls
back to default;
 - the provided font doesn't contain any glyph corresponding to the
character;
 - the provided font exists only in the regular variation (i.e. non
italic, and you do want italic)
 - the character code is not the right Unicode number (if you use
actually an ISO encoding mixed with an XML declaration that says Unicode
encoding)
 - etc.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters

Pascal