Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Morten Primdahl <mo...@it-c.dk> on 2002/05/18 22:56:58 UTC

Element type "must be declared" error

Hi.

* DTD:

<!ELEMENT element ANY>

* XML:

<!DOCTYPE element SYSTEM "element.dtd">
<element>
version="1.0">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
   </xsl:stylesheet>
</element>

* Validate:

Error: URI=file:/home/morten/it-c/thesis/dev/validate/simple/element.xml
Line=3: Element type "xsl:stylesheet" must be declared.
Error: URI=file:/home/morten/it-c/thesis/dev/validate/simple/element.xml
Line=4: Element type "xsl:apply-templates" must be declared.

Am I mistaken when I believe that ANY should allow any kind of
well-formed XML?

Thanks,

Morten

Re: Element type "must be declared" error

Posted by Morten Primdahl <mo...@it-c.dk>.
Andy Clark wrote:
> Morten Primdahl wrote:
>
>>Am I mistaken when I believe that ANY should allow any kind of
>>well-formed XML?
>

> The "ANY" model in a DTD allows any *declared* element content,
> not *any* element content.

Ah. I see, so basically I need to include the entire DTD for
XSLT (or at least the elements I use from that DTD).

Thank you,

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org