Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Christian Alejandro Marquez Grabia <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 15:38:02 UTC

Problem with form default button in IE

Hi all, and thanks in advanced for your attention.

I'm having some problems with the default button in a form that is not
working in IE. Here is the situation:

I have a collapsible border that contains the form. When clicked, the form
is toggled and when the page loads, this border is set default to collapsed.
The main problem is that when I load the page this way, the default action
is ignored: when pressing enter in any field, nothing happens. However, if I
click the button with the mouse, the page is refreshed with the results ( is
a filtering form, showing beneath a table with results ) and the form
remains open. Now, if I input something in the form and press enter, it
works.

However, if on the page constructor I set the border to remain open as
default, the form behaves correctly without having to click the button
first.

My guess is that when the page is loaded, with the form inside a div that
has style="display: none;" all actions on the form will be ignored. When the
border is clicked, and the content is shown, IE doesn't realize about this
and then the default actions are still ignored by the browser. This works
perfect in Firefox.

Any ideas?
I am using Wicket 1.2.6

Thanks,
Christian

Re: Problem with form default button in IE

Posted by Christian Alejandro Marquez Grabia <ch...@gmail.com>.
After working some time on this, I got to fix the problem.

Thanks anyway =),
Christian