Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Carlos Palol <ca...@monkeyproject.net> on 2005/11/14 17:08:56 UTC

Old style META tag on search results page

Hi, does anyone know why i´m having this line:

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

inserted at the first line of my <head> when displaying search results?
it's also present in lenya interface html.

thanks.

lenya 1.2.4
Carlos Palol
carlospalol@monkeyproject.net

Re: Old style META tag on search results page

Posted by Carlos Palol <ca...@monkeyproject.net>.
On 14/11/2005, at 17:30, Josias Thoeny wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 17:08 +0100, Carlos Palol wrote:
>> Hi, does anyone know why i´m having this line:
>>
>> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
>>
>> inserted at the first line of my <head> when displaying search
>> results?
>> it's also present in lenya interface html.
>
> That was inserted because Internet Explorer has problems with the
> XHTML
> XML-prolog:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> Do you think there's a problem with this meta tag?
>
> - Josias

it's very strange, because my layout is just "a little broken", it's
not fixing some stuff, but fixes some other, like if it's loading the
fixes succesfully.
I'm checking the structure of the page and it seems the same. isn't  it?
I would like to try without the META, but don't know how to remove
it, neither.

Posted by Carlos Palol <ca...@monkeyproject.net>.

> Line breaks are caused by how the program works.  Line breaks between
> tags should have no efffect on the display.  Lenya likes to produce
> pages and files with many blank lines; they are annoying when you are
> debugging, but have no effect on processing.
>
> You might be having an issue between cached content and generated
> content.  Cached content does not send the first line document
> desciption in Lenya 1.2.2, which causes MSIE to display it
> differently.

Thanks for your help. I´ll post when find out what is it.

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 11/15/05, Carlos Palol <ca...@monkeyproject.net> wrote:
> I did massive changes and it's actually loading my css patch correctly.
> My css styling breaks, by example, in menu div, so it doesn't have ro
> see with the body div.
>
> Is it normal that i have no line breaks on a normal page but regular
> brakes on results page?
> like
> any page:
> results page:
> <head>
> is there any other substantial difference between the html sent to
> the browser in a regular page and results page?

Line breaks are caused by how the program works.  Line breaks between
tags should have no efffect on the display.  Lenya likes to produce
pages and files with many blank lines; they are annoying when you are
debugging, but have no effect on processing.

You might be having an issue between cached content and generated
content.  Cached content does not send the first line document
desciption in Lenya 1.2.2, which causes MSIE to display it
differently.

> > (Should the results
> > have their own CSS classes?  Or just enclose them in a DIV?)
> You mean by default? maybe a "results" div. Being a sort of special
> content

I will change the Search output for better use with CSS eventually.

solprovider

Re: Old style META tag on search results page

Posted by Carlos Palol <ca...@monkeyproject.net>.
On 14/11/2005, at 19:03, <so...@gmail.com>
<so...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/14/05, Carlos Palol <ca...@monkeyproject.net> wrote:
>> I'm using a script to override some css styles when the user-agent is
>> internet explorer and keep my styling:
>> I think it´s alright and works everywhere but in search results
>> page.  I seems to me it could be malfunctioning because of the META,
>> but don't know yet why...
>
> The Search Form uses several classes:
> lenya-box
> lenya-box-body
> searchvalues
> lenya-table-noborder
> lenya-form-element
>
> Search Results is just a TABLE within the DIV id="body".
>
> The META tag shouldn't affect CSS (but nothing is simple with MSIE.)
> What is your CSS?  Are you defining fonts for TDs?
>
> Try:
> #body td {
>     color: #00FF00;
>     background-color: #009999;
> }
> to make some obvious changes to search results.

excuse my delay.

I did massive changes and it's actually loading my css patch correctly.
My css styling breaks, by example, in menu div, so it doesn't have ro
see with the body div.

Is it normal that i have no line breaks on a normal page but regular
brakes on results page?
like

any page:

results page:
<head>

is there any other substantial difference between the html sent to
the browser in a regular page and results page?

> (Should the results
> have their own CSS classes?  Or just enclose them in a DIV?)

You mean by default? maybe a "results" div. Being a sort of special
content

thanks

Carlos Palol
carlospalol@monkeyproject.net

Re: Old style META tag on search results page

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 11/14/05, Carlos Palol <ca...@monkeyproject.net> wrote:
> I'm using a script to override some css styles when the user-agent is
> internet explorer and keep my styling:
> I think it´s alright and works everywhere but in search results
> page.  I seems to me it could be malfunctioning because of the META,
> but don't know yet why...

The Search Form uses several classes:
lenya-box
lenya-box-body
searchvalues
lenya-table-noborder
lenya-form-element

Search Results is just a TABLE within the DIV id="body".

The META tag shouldn't affect CSS (but nothing is simple with MSIE.)
What is your CSS?  Are you defining fonts for TDs?

Try:
#body td {
    color: #00FF00;
    background-color: #009999;
}
to make some obvious changes to search results.  (Should the results

Posted by Carlos Palol <ca...@monkeyproject.net>.
On 14/11/2005, at 17:30, Josias Thoeny wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 17:08 +0100, Carlos Palol wrote:
>> Hi, does anyone know why i´m having this line:
>>
>> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
>>
>> inserted at the first line of my <head> when displaying search
>> results?
>> it's also present in lenya interface html.
>
> That was inserted because Internet Explorer has problems with the
> XHTML
> XML-prolog:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> Do you think there's a problem with this meta tag?

thanks,

I'm using a script to override some css styles when the user-agent is
internet explorer and keep my styling:

<link type="text/css" href="/default/live/css/www.global.css"
rel="stylesheet">
<script src="/default/live/javascript/patchMSIEStyles.js" type="text/
javascript">//</script>

where patchMSIEStyles.js contains:

var	myUserAgent = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();
if (myUserAgent.indexOf("msie") !=-1 && myUserAgent.indexOf
("windows") !=-1){
	document.createStyleSheet("/default/live/css/www.IEPatch.css");
}

Posted by Josias Thoeny <jo...@wyona.com>.