Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Alejandro Santos <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/06 14:55:33 UTC

How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Hi all,

I've been reading the Ignite documentation and have some technical
questions. I need to evaluate massive storage systems for some
specific application and I would like to understand how ignite works.

My application needs a buffering space that write arbitrary values,
but then reads on average half of the values at most once. This is a
random process, and we can't really predict which keys will be read.

Is ignite the right tool for this application? Do you need more information?

Thank you,

--
Alejandro Santos

Re: How does Ignite provides load balancing?

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

There's a section in the docs:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation#section-affinity-function
You can always study
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/cache/affinity/rendezvous/RendezvousAffinityFunction.java

Note that Ignite does Rendezvous on per data partition basis and not on per
key basis.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Alejandro Santos <al...@gmail.com>.
Dear Ilya,