Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ANKITBHATNAGAR <ab...@vantage.com> on 2010/06/09 15:37:09 UTC

hadoop-0.20.2 FileOutputFormat

Hi,

I am upgrading a mapreduce program from 0.18.3 to hadoop-0.20.2

in 0.18.3 in FileOutputFormat had a method -
getRecordWriter(FileSystem ignored, JobConf job, String name, Progressable
progress)

In 0.20.2 in FileOutputFormat declaration has changed
getRecordWriter(TaskAttemptContext job)

I am extending this class-
Does anybody know how to get the "name" ?

name here was showing the partition name like "part-00000" and so on

I could generate it using some weird technique but wanted to know is there a
better technique?

Thanks
Ankit

Re: hadoop-0.20.2 FileOutputFormat

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Interestingly,
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/TaskAttemptContext.html
shows that all methods of TaskAttemptContext are deprecated.