Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/31 11:00:18 UTC

[Axis2] Deploying in Apache httpd

Hi All,

I'm trying to deploy Axis2c into apache web server, but something isn't very
happy - I'm on WinXP and have Apache HTTP Server 2.2 which works fine until
I try to deploy Axis2C to it. I'm using the binary 0.91 package and have
copied the mod_axis2.dll to my apache2/modules directory and renamed it from
.dll to .so. I have also edited my apache2/conf/httpd.conf file with the
following lines:

LoadModule axis2_module   modules/mod_axis2.so

and

<Location /axis2>
SetHandler axis2_module
RepoPath D:/libs/axis2c-bin-0.91-win32
LogFile D:/libs/axis2c-bin-0.91-win32/logs/axis2.httpd.log
Axis2LogLevel AXIS2_LOG_LEVEL_INFO
</Location>

With these lines added in to httpd.conf Apache now refuses to start, with
the message: "The Apache2.2 service terminated with service-specific error 1
(0x1).", remove them and the server starts up happily.
I can't see anything in the axis or httpd logs. Anyone have any ideas? Is my
RepoPath setting correct?

Many thanks,

Andrew

[Axis2] build.sh for xml_schema seems to be broken

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Does the build.sh work for xml_schems sub project? I tried but failed to
run it, so I could not build the source on Linux.

Please fix this.

Thanks,
Samisa...

[Axis2] Replaced AXIS2_DECLARE with AXIS2_EXTERN

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
    Given that the AXIS2_DECLARE macro takes an argument that is a
function return type, and neither the calling convention nor the linkage
are conceptually related to the return type, I removed it altogether and
introduced an AXIS2_EXTERN macro

The old macro of the format:
 AXIS2_DECLARE(ret_type) func(...);
now is replaced with
AXIS2_EXTERN ret_type AXIS2_CALL func(...)

    As this has nothing to do with the user API, and does not affect the
users, I have already done the change.
    Woden, xml_schema and Guththila codes may be broken. But the rest
works fine.

[Axis2] Remving call struct

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
    Prior to 0.91 release we introduced the svc_client and op_client
interfaces into the client API.
    We also announced that we are deprecating call struct in 0.91

    Hence I would be removing call, so that we would obsolete this
deprecated API in 0.92
Thanks,
Samisa...

[Axis2] Remving call struct

Re: [Axis2] Deploying in Apache httpd

Posted by Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com>.
Hi Andrew,

IIRC mod_axis2.dll was compiled against Apache 2.0.55. So it might be
the most possible reason. Other than that the only problem I can think
of is mod_axis2.dll is compiled using MSVC 7 (with .Net framework). So
you might need .Net framework in your machine. (I couldn't find a
Windows machine which doesn't have .Net SDK to test "without .Net"
scenario).
As you pointed out the best thing to do is pull out the source version
and compile it.

- Sahan

[Axis2] Removing call API

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
	As we have announces prior to 0.91 release, we have already deprecated
the call API.
	Hence, I am going to remove it from 0.92 release.

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sahan,

On 5/31/06, Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Pls check whether you have done the following.
>
> - Do you have libxml2.dll, iconv.dll and zlib1.dll in you system. If not
> so download those files and put in the %PATH% (We use libxml2 as parser
> and other dll's are required by libxml2 to work)
> - Did you set the %PATH% env variable to point to the libs directory in
> axis2c distro (D:\libs\axis2c-bin-0.91-win32\lib)
>
> As a diagnostic try running the axis2_http_server.exe in the bin
> directory and see whether it starts properly.
>
> - Sahan
> Andrew Borley wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm trying to deploy Axis2c into apache web server, but something
> > isn't very happy - I'm on WinXP and have Apache HTTP Server 2.2 which
> > works fine until I try to deploy Axis2C to it. I'm using the binary
> > 0.91 package and have copied the mod_axis2.dll to my apache2/modules
> > directory and renamed it from .dll to .so. I have also edited my
> > apache2/conf/httpd.conf file with the following lines:
> >
> > LoadModule axis2_module   modules/mod_axis2.so
> >
> > and
> >
> > <Location /axis2>
> > SetHandler axis2_module
> > RepoPath D:/libs/axis2c-bin-0.91-win32
> > LogFile D:/libs/axis2c-bin-0.91-win32/logs/axis2.httpd.log
> > Axis2LogLevel AXIS2_LOG_LEVEL_INFO
> > </Location>
> >
> > With these lines added in to httpd.conf Apache now refuses to start,
> > with the message: "The Apache2.2 service terminated with
> > service-specific error 1 (0x1).", remove them and the server starts up
> > happily.
> > I can't see anything in the axis or httpd logs. Anyone have any ideas?
> > Is my RepoPath setting correct?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Andrew

Cheers,