Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@sonicsoftware.com> on 2006/05/09 12:53:11 UTC

Build broken?

Are other people seeing compilation problems with the SVN HEAD?  I'm
getting:

    [javac] Compiling 24 source files to
C:\Projects\Synapse\modules\core\target
\classes
    [javac]
C:\Projects\Synapse\modules\core\src\org\apache\synapse\core\axis2\A
xis2SynapseContextFinder.java:95: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Axis2SynapseEnvironment
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.Axis2SynapseContextFin
der
    [javac]         synapseEnvParam.setValue(new
Axis2SynapseEnvironment(mc.getA
xisService().getClassLoader()));
    [javac]                                      ^
    [javac]
C:\Projects\Synapse\modules\core\src\org\apache\synapse\mediators\Ab
stractMediator.java:33: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method getSimpleName ()
    [javac] location: class java.lang.Class
    [javac]         return getClass().getSimpleName();
    [javac]                        ^
    [javac] 2 errors

The 2nd error, at least, is due to a JDK1.5 specific call... Are we
going to make Synapse 1.4-compatible or just bite the bullet and go with
1.5?

The 1st error looks like a more significant problem, since there's now
no such class.

I haven't looked deeply into this yet.

--Glen

Re: Build broken?

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Glen

I had missed three files moving from scratch into main yesterday and one
was the Axis2SynapseEnvironment.. which was committed thereafter.
Could you get the latest from HEAD and try again.. I have also got
Saminda to fix issue #2 related to the JDK.

thanks
asankha