Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Graham Turrell <GT...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/06/06 16:02:37 UTC

[axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Hi folks,

Just wondering where we are in terms of development on the axis2 / woden
integration for the interop event, and what is there left to do?
I know that one or two contributors are already actively working on this.

I think that a good minimal demonstration for the interop event would be to
send a client request to an in-out axis2 service with a wsdl2.0
description,
ensure that the SOAP message is correctly interpreted and the appropriate
response message generated and dispatched.
(Deserialization is a TBD but from earlier discussion on the list doesnt
seem to be specifically needed for the interop demonstration)

To that end, I am keen to help on any aspect of the interop work (primarily
from the Woden side), such as architecture, code or test
creation/execution:
Where are the gaps (if any) and how can I help?

Kind Regards,

Graham.
Graham C Turrell CEng, MBCS
Chartered IT Practitioner

WebSphere ESB Foundation Technologies
DE3F16 / MP 211
IBM Labs
Hursley Park
Winchester, Hampshire
England.  SO21 2JN

Tel +44-(0)1962-815018
email: gturrell@uk.ibm.com

"No army can withstand the force of an idea whose time
has come.". -Victor Hugo

Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Posted by Oshani Seneviratne <os...@gmail.com>.

> can you please open a JIRA issue and keep uploading diff's as you progress?

Sure

Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Ajith,

You could try to implement some of the WSDLs in the W3C test suite. [1]

Other ideas are:
1) a more complete set of Echo services, e.g. for all the Java built-in
types and Calendar
2) a mathematical calulator - add, subtract, multiply, divide, etc.
3) a financial service like mortgage amortization
4) a temperature converter - Celcius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Ajith Ranabahu" <aj...@gmail.com>
06/17/2006 06:31 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org, "Axis developer list" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Hi Arthur,
We will be happy to provide you with some test cases with WSDL 2.0. In any
case do you have suggesions for the test services ?

Ajith

On 6/16/06, Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

Eran,

We can skip the WSDL 1.1 converter. That was a fallback in case Axis2
integration was unavailable.

The W3C needs help in defining the interop test suite. Can you assist?
This can start very simply, e.g. create a few simple WSDL 2.0 documents
and then create the services and clients. Deploy the services on Axis2.
The clients should at least take an endpoint as an argument so they can
invoke the services implemented by others. The clients could be JUnits so
when they run they report success or failure.

To start, implement an EchoString service. You can then define more
complex ones. You can contribute the WSDLs to W3C by emailing them to the
WSDL 2.0 working group list. [1]. See [2] for more info about the test
suite.

[1] mailto:www-ws-desc@w3.org
[2] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/index.html

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk >
06/16/2006 04:55 AM

Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Hi Arthur and all,

I'm bit confused of the way we gonna do this interop. I'd appreciate if
some can explain the things we should do to test now.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier emails, Axis2 can now understand
WSDL 2.0 and send and receive messages through services deployed with
WSDL 2.0. According to the first mail of this thread from Graham [1],
its what we need to do. But later Arthur [2] had defined a different way
with the use of wsdl 1.1 to 1.2 converter.

I checked out the test suite from w3c and I'm ready to go.

Please advice.

-- Chinthaka

[1] : http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=114960257910413&w=3
[2] : http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=woden-dev&m=114960523016707&w=3

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/core/src/org/apache/axis2/description/WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder.java?view=markup

> Chathura Herath wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So here is where we stand. Basic skeleton of the integration is
>> there.I called it skeleton because it need to handle the rpc case and
>> not so urgent but eventually need to handle the policy stuff. you can
>> run WSDL2Jave with -wv 2 which will engage the woden. It will not
>> codegen successfully, there is a schema compilation issue and have to
>> fix it. I am concentrating on the xmlbeans databinding right now.
>>
>> The two Scenarios given above are the classic interop test and would
>> be great to have. My guess is within two weeks we should be able to
>> get the run time up and them we could see how the clients and servers
>> generated with the isomorphic but two WSDL versions would interop. So
>> i would say we will be able to have at least one interop scenario for
>> the interop.
>>
>> John you could see the WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder which is the center
>> of the integration work.
>> Oshini please send your patches often and do have a look at the latest
>> code. I should commit more often cos you are working on it as well. I
>> have changed it to work with the component model, i belive you
>> followed that thread.
>> Thanks
>> Chathura
>>

>> On 6/6/06, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Oshani,
>>>
>>> can you please open a JIRA issue and keep uploading diff's as you
>>> progress?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> dims

>>> are on
>>> archive

> haven't

>>> from the

>>> scenarios

>>> --
>>> Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/blogs/

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
It would be helpful if you contributed the WSDL 2.0 test cases to W3C. I
can add then to the test suite.

"Chathura Herath" <ch...@gmail.com> wrote on 06/18/2006 09:44:57 AM:

> > Chathura : I think we don't need to do the wsdl conversion thing as
> > Arthur had suggested that method, in case our integration didn't
happen.
> > He has clearly mentioned later that, we don't need that.
> >
> yup i gathered that. I am trying to use the WSDL 1.1 interop tests to
> comeup with the WSDL 2.0 interop test cases.
>
> > Ajith : Its better if we can do a complex scenario. But again as
Arthur

axis-dev-help@ws.apache.org

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Eran,

Great progress! You can start by contributing the WSDL document to the
W3C. Just attach it to an email to the W3C [1]

[1] mailto:www-ws-desc@w3.org

Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> wrote on 06/19/2006 01:14:48 PM:

> I just defined an echo service, which can echo strings and xmls, using
> wsdl 2.0 and completed a full round of invocation using Axis2.
>
> For the time being its in our company svn and how are we thinking to
> share the codes for the interop event?
>
> -- Chinthaka
>
> Arthur Ryman wrote:
> > WSDL 1.1 interop is NOT being tested at the event. Just WSDL 2.0
interop.

> > If you have a set of WSDL 1.1 documents, then you can use the
converter to
> > create WSDL 2.0 documents. The W3C needs to enlarge the test suite, so

> > contribute these.
> >
> > For WSDL 2.0 interop, start simple, e.g. EchoString, and then add
> > complexity. We want to test as much of the spec as possible at the
event.

> > Arthur Ryman,
> > IBM Software Group, Rational Division
> >
> > blog: http://ryman.eclipsedevelopersjournal.com/
> > phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
> > assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
> > fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
> > mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca
> >
> > Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> wrote on 06/18/2006 08:27:02
AM:

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Arthur Ryman wrote:
> WSDL 1.1 interop is NOT being tested at the event. Just WSDL 2.0 interop.
>
> If you have a set of WSDL 1.1 documents, then you can use the converter to
> create WSDL 2.0 documents. The W3C needs to enlarge the test suite, so
> contribute these.
>
> For WSDL 2.0 interop, start simple, e.g. EchoString, and then add
> complexity. We want to test as much of the spec as possible at the event.
>
> Arthur Ryman,
> IBM Software Group, Rational Division
>
> blog: http://ryman.eclipsedevelopersjournal.com/
> phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
> assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
> fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
> mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca
>
> Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> wrote on 06/18/2006 08:27:02 AM:
>
>> Seems like little bit confusion here.
>>
>> Chathura : I think we don't need to do the wsdl conversion thing as
>> Arthur had suggested that method, in case our integration didn't happen.
>> He has clearly mentioned later that, we don't need that.
>>
>> Ajith : Its better if we can do a complex scenario. But again as Arthur
>> had mentioned, we just want to see whether WSDL 2.0 implementation
>> (Woden) works nice with an existing web service implementation (Axis2).
>> I think most of the interop scenarios works better with just Woden.
>>
>> Arthur, please correct me if I'm wrong. Thats what I understood from the
>> test-suite and from your earlier comment.
>>
>> I will anyway, write a WSDL 2.0 document for a simple echo service and
>> do the code gen and see.
>>
>> Do we need to do anything beyond that. Can some one please clarify?
>>
>> -- Chinthaka
>>

>> Chathura Herath wrote:
>>> I am trying to use the interop WSDL(1.1) s and use WSDL convertor to
>>> get 2.0WSDLs. It might give us some good services. I am now trying the
>>> COmpound1
>>> WSDL.

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arthur,

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arthur,

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Eran,

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Arthur and all,

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Eran,

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Sorry for the late reply.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Sorry for the late reply.

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the offer Deepal:-)

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chathura;

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Oshani,

Posted by Oshani Seneviratne <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Oshani Seneviratne <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi John;
I just improved axis2 to to view wsdl 2.0 document , I mean once you
deploy a service at the runtime you can view the wsdl 2.0 document by
typing ?wsdl2. I know that is not complete and there are few know bugs
as well. I will fix them as soon as possible.

We are trying our best to go for the WSDL 2.0 interop and I think we are
capable of doing that.

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop

[...]