Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kumar Ranjan <wi...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 20:05:35 UTC

pycassa get column_start and column_finish with less than or greater than

Hey Folks,

Does pycassa get column_start takes greater than equal to option? What I
know so far is, you have to exact column or super_column value for
column_start and column_finish to work. In my case, column is value of
epoch time.

Re: pycassa get column_start and column_finish with less than or greater than

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Kumar Ranjan <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does pycassa get column_start takes greater than equal to option?

column_start is inclusive at the Cassandra API level, so pycassa matches
that behavior (and there's nothing else it can really do).

> What I know so far is, you have to exact column or super_column value for
> column_start and column_finish to work.

This is a different issue, but yes, you can't slice across both super
columns and a range of their subcolumns at the same time.  If you want to
get a slice of subcolumns, you have to specify one supercolumn.

> In my case, column is value of epoch time.

Just increment the timestamp you use for column_start by 1, then.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>