Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Russell Spitzer <ru...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/15 00:01:39 UTC

Compaction Sync - Monday

Hi Everybody!

We've been spending a bunch of time recently finishing up our compaction
proposal and we were hoping to host a quick meetup on monday to try to
finish and gain consensus. We've made progress on the Spark Side and have
what we think is a reasonable way forward with the DSV2 api. We have
included sections on Delete Files as well which will mostly be leaving for
future work.

I'll be finishing up our last set of internal notes on the Design Doc
tomorrow see

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aXo1VzuXxSuqcTzMLSQdnivMVgtLExgDWUFMvWeXRxc/edit?ts=600b0432#

I was planning on having this meeting on Monday April 19 at 9 AM Pacific
time (11 AM Central Time) but we can always change this if need be.

Please let me know if you would like to attend and I will add you to the
event directly.

Thanks so much for your time,
Russ

Re: Compaction Sync - Monday

Posted by Wing Yew Poon <wy...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Russell,
Can you please add me too?
Thanks,
Wing Yew

Re: Compaction Sync - Monday

Posted by Russell Spitzer <ru...@gmail.com>.
Ah sorry I forgot what timezone I lived in again

Re: Compaction Sync - Monday

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: Compaction Sync - Monday

Posted by Russell Spitzer <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: Compaction Sync - Monday

Posted by Jack Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.

Re: Compaction Sync - Monday

Posted by Miao Wang <mi...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Russel,

Can you add me too?

Thanks!

Miao

From: Guy Khazma <gu...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, April 19, 2021 at 9:40 AM
To: dev@iceberg.apache.org <de...@iceberg.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Compaction Sync - Monday
Hi Russel,

Can you please add me as well.
18:00 Pacific time is too early in my time zone (UTC+2:00) but I will try to sync with the notes.

Thanks,
Guy

Re: Compaction Sync - Monday

Posted by Puneet Zaroo <pz...@netflix.com.INVALID>.