Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Pietro Marrone <we...@oredelmondo.it> on 2005/12/12 23:22:47 UTC

Be sure to not be open for relay

Recently I had an Hacker attack,
someone entered my James server and sent viruses.
Now I want to restrict the access, so I user the mailet/matcher pair
like this:

         <mailet match="RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=my.Ip.address, 127.0.0.1,
localhost" class="ToProcessor">
            <processor> relay-denied </processor>
            <notice>550 - Requested action not taken: relaying
denied</notice>
         </mailet>

But when a sender write to an unexisting user on my address I, (the
webmaster)
receive two mail, one for the bounce setted and another sayng:

Error message below:
550 - Requested action not taken: relaying denied

So the sender des not knows that he used an unexisting mail address.

What is wrong?