Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2004/02/03 15:56:05 UTC

images in pdfs

Images in PDFs haven't been working for me for a while.  I tried putting
the jimi jar in lib/core, lib/optional and in the project's
src/documentation/lib directory.  None worked.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Dave Brondsema wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Ross Gardler wrote:
 >
> That works, thanks Ross!
>
> However, putting the jar file in src\documentation\lib as the FAQ says you
> can, doesn't work.  Not a problem for me, but our FAQ and code should be
> consistent.

Very true, what *does* work. Mines just been working for ages and I have
no idea how I got it to work.

Ross

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Nicolas Maisonneuve wrote:
> I have the same problem. This error is present since a long time. It would
> be very good to fix it..;-)

It is fixed in CVS Head.

Ross

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Nicolas Maisonneuve <n....@hotpop.com>.
I have the same problem. This error is present since a long time. It would
be very good to fix it..;-)
When i generate the sample site, i have a lot of errors , among this errors,
i have:
ERROR   (2004-02-08) 19:49.28:078   [sitemap.fop] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/ExternalGraphic: Error while creating area : Error with image
chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable) and no base URL is specified

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Dave,

> Where is this URL controlled?  document2fo.xsl?

For our case on document2fo.xsl there is a imgpath. I fixed a error when
the src is a full url, but I do not think that this will fix your
problem, but the one from the wiki-sample.xml

I think that the problem raises possibly because the images are not
copied under the resources/images.

The build process is a bit untidy at the moment, I will check this out
to see what can be simplified.

Cheers,
Cheche

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Yes.  From error.log:

ERROR   (2004-02-03) 22:19.48:976   [sitemap.fop] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/ExternalGraphic: Error while creating area : Error with image
(No such file or directory) and no base URL is specified

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Dave,

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > Images in PDFs haven't been working for me for a while.  I tried putting
> > the jimi jar in lib/core, lib/optional and in the project's
> > src/documentation/lib directory.  None worked.
>
> They work fine for me. What is the error being displayed in your terminal?
>
> Ross

No error.  The PDF is created but the alt text is used instead of the
image.  It's like the jimi file isn't found by forrest at all.

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
If it's FOP-related, the problem may be discussed on this page:

   http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html

A couple of notes:
- EPS graphics don't display in Acrobat, although they tend to print OK.

- As for JIMI, here's a blurb from that section:

===
Because of licensing issues, the JIMI image library is not included in
the FOP distribution. First, download and install it. Then, copy the
file "JimiProClasses.zip" from the archive to
{fop-install-dir}/lib/jimi-1.0.jar. Please note that FOP binary
distributions are compiled with JIMI support, so there is no need for
you to build FOP to add the support. If jimi-1.0.jar is installed in
the right place, it will automatically be used by FOP, otherwise it
will not.
===

(On a side note, I just checked and it appears that the latest version
of JIMI is still 1.0, so I don't think it could be a filename/version
problem)

Hope this helps!

Re: images in pdfs

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.