Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2004/05/08 15:01:32 UTC

Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

I'd like to propose that the apache-1.3 tree be migrated over
to subversion.

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 09:47:18AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:54 PM +0200 André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:
>
> >* Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I'd like to propose that the apache-1.3 tree be migrated over
> >>to subversion.
> >
> >I'm +1 on it.
>
> +1.  -- justin

<AOL>

Me too!

</AOL>

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Joseph Dane <jd...@hawaii.edu> wrote:

> André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> writes:
>
> > ...Are the different tag directories necessarry or optional? Not that
> > every private tag gets its own...
>
> in subversion, tag == copy.
>
> this is probably the biggest conceptual difference between subversion
> and CVS.

Aha. Thanks. (Assumign a lazy copy as usual). So deleting a tag would remove
the copy then. Sounds also ok to me ;)

nd
--
>I have tried using ErrorDocument 401, but doesn't work.
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh dear.  What does it do - lounge around on the couch all day drinking
beer and watching TV?            -- "Kash" und Alan J. Flavell in ciwsu

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by Joseph Dane <jd...@hawaii.edu>.
André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> writes:

> ...Are the different tag directories necessarry or optional? Not that
> every private tag gets its own...

in subversion, tag == copy.

this is probably the biggest conceptual difference between subversion
and CVS.

--

joe

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> There's only one thing for us to decide; how to define the layout
> under "httpd/" in the SVN repository.
>
> e.g.
>
>   .../
>     httpd/
>       trunk/
>       branches/
>         1.3.x/
>         2.0.x/
>       tags/
>         2.0.49/
>         1.3.31/
>
> Thoughts?

Actually, because of missing knowledge, I'm happy to use whatever you svn guys
find useful. The above sounds ok for me in the first place ;-)

...Are the different tag directories necessarry or optional? Not that every
private tag gets its own...

nd
--
"Umfassendes Werk (auch fuer Umsteiger vom Apache 1.3)"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension

<http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 15:01, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Sounds good. We should ponder a way to set up closed branches for
> security patches. Maybe they could be protected on a case-by-case basis,
> or we create a 4th top-level directory "security-patches".

Woo.  I just wanted to point out how cool it is to be able to do
selective access control on branches... something you just can't do in
CVS.  :-)

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 22:01, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 12:35:13AM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> >There's only one thing for us to decide; how to define the layout
> >under "httpd/" in the SVN repository.
> >
> >e.g.

[...]
> Sounds good. We should ponder a way to set up closed branches for
> security patches. Maybe they could be protected on a case-by-case basis,
> or we create a 4th top-level directory "security-patches".

security/
  branches/

That was you can do a branch of a previous release, e.g.:
  svn cp https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/tags/2.0.45 \
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/security/branches/2.0.45-p1

Then you can commit to that particular branch and even roll the
test tarball from it.  Individual patches are easily reproduced
using svn diff on the branch.

Sander

Blocking hotlinking and using Proxy Pass & mod_rewrite

Posted by Jake <ja...@zopezone.com>.
I have been trying to figure out how to block hotlinking of images from my
sites while also using proxy pass.

I have tried tweaking it a few different ways, but this configuration just
will not work.

<VirtualHost 11.1.1.1.1:80>
ServerName www.domain.com
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER}!^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER}!^http://domain.com/.*$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER}!^http://www.domain.com/.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule ./*\.(gif¦GIF¦jpg¦JPG)$ - [F]
ProxyPass / http://11.11.11.11:8080/ etc....
</VirtualHost>

Is there something with ProxyPass that will not work in front of mod_rewrite?

Jake

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
On May 24, 2004, at 5:13 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>> Sounds good. We should ponder a way to set up closed branches for
>> security patches. Maybe they could be protected on a case-by-case
>> basis, or we create a 4th top-level directory "security-patches".
>>

> Fine here, but does httpd-2.x need to move over for apache-1.3 to
> migrate to subversion?

I think Sander merely sketched out how he foresaw the eventual layout,
after everything moves over. This would eventually get all httpds
consolidated under one repository. I don't think he meant that all
httpd 'branches' should move over at the same time.

S.

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 14:13, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On May 23, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
>
> > On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 12:35:13AM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> >> There's only one thing for us to decide; how to define the layout
> >> under "httpd/" in the SVN repository.

[...]
> Fine here, but does httpd-2.x need to move over for apache-1.3 to
> migrate to subversion?

No, I was just giving the overall picture.

Sander

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 18:47, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:54 PM +0200 André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:
>
> > * Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'd like to propose that the apache-1.3 tree be migrated over
> >> to subversion.
> >
> > I'm +1 on it.
>
> +1.  -- justin

+1!

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:54 PM +0200 André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:

> * Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to propose that the apache-1.3 tree be migrated over
>> to subversion.
>
> I'm +1 on it.

+1.  -- justin

Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that the apache-1.3 tree be migrated over
> to subversion.

I'm +1 on it.

nd
--
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween because
DEC 25 = OCT 31.  -- Unknown

                                      (found in ssl_engine_mutex.c)