Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <ad...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/28 18:35:35 UTC

How do you create predictive models in Hadoop?

I’ve been working with predictive models for three years now. My models have been single threaded and written against data in a non distributed environment. I’m not certain how to translate my skills to Hadoop. Mahout yes but I don’t know Java as I tend to work with Python (as do a lot of my colleagues). I guess what I’m asking is, do predictive models need to be written as map reduce jobs?

B.