Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Michael Szalay <mi...@basis06.ch> on 2012/03/01 11:37:51 UTC

Pass custom property through Active-MQ

Hi all

I have a route that sends a file to an activemq queue, which gets consumed
by another components. This works, but I want to pass a customer property in the message.
I tried the exchange properties and headers, but nothing works, by property does
just not arrive on the other side...

Is there a way to add a custom property (a string) to a message?

Regards Michael

Re: Pass custom property through Active-MQ

Posted by Michael Szalay <mi...@basis06.ch>.
Thanks a lot. I works with setHeader() now, I have chosen a illegal key before.

Regards Michael

--
Michael Szalay
Senior Software Engineer

basis06 AG, Birkenweg 61, CH-3013 Bern - Fon +41 31 311 32 22
http://www.basis06.ch - source of smart business

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Michael Szalay
<mi...@basis06.ch> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a route that sends a file to an activemq queue, which gets consumed
> by another components. This works, but I want to pass a customer property in the message.
> I tried the exchange properties and headers, but nothing works, by property does
> just not arrive on the other side...
>
> Is there a way to add a custom property (a string) to a message?

Yes you can use message headers (which are JMS properties). Mind that
the JMS spec have some limitations what is permitted to send as
key/values for headers. So check the spec and the JMS wiki page at
Camel
http://camel.apache.org/jms

--
Claus Ibsen