Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rahul <ra...@clear.net.nz> on 2005/07/06 06:16:36 UTC

[M1] How to automate builds with Maven 1

Greetings,

I would like to understand what would be a good way to go about doing
the following.

1) checkout the project : I would like to checkout only required folders
for a project, like, java sources, web application and resources folder.
Is there a way to filter these via properties or do I need to invoke
separate checkouts for each ?

2) invoke a WAR build on the checked out project: How to invoke war:war
(or any other goal) on the checked out project?

3) generate statistics/site for the the build (reports and stuff)

On a related note, if anyone has an idea if there are any alternatives
to using cruisecontrol for build scheduling, or any other ideas/best
practices - please chip in!

Appreciate any pointers/suggestions.

TIA,

Rahul

Re: [M1] How to automate builds with Maven 1

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
On 7/5/05, Rahul <ra...@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I would like to understand what would be a good way to go about doing
> the following.
>
> 1) checkout the project : I would like to checkout only required folders
> for a project, like, java sources, web application and resources folder.
> Is there a way to filter these via properties or do I need to invoke
> separate checkouts for each ?

No.  scm:check checks out the entired source tree (recursively )
specificy by your URL

> 2) invoke a WAR build on the checked out project: How to invoke war:war
> (or any other goal) on the checked out project?

take a shot at maven-scm-plugin's scm:boostrap goal. It has a property that
will invoke your specified goal

> 3) generate statistics/site for the the build (reports and stuff)
>
> On a related note, if anyone has an idea if there are any alternatives
> to using cruisecontrol for build scheduling, or any other ideas/best
> practices - please chip in!

where a shell script invoked by cron to bootstrap your project and build