Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Shaji Kurian <sh...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/04 09:48:42 UTC

repository not found

Hi
 i am shajikurian, a software engineer. i have a problem regarding ojb.
 i am using tomcat 4.1.31, struts1.2.7 and ojb1.0.3.. while i run the
program an error is occuring in tomcat showing the following
<metadata.RepositoryPersistor ?> OJB Descriptor Repository:
file:/d:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
/webapps/propertyposrtal/web-inf/classes/repository.xml
 <metadata.RepositoryPersistor ?> Building repository from:
file:/d:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
/webapps/propertyposrtal/web-inf/classes/repository.xml
 <metadata.RepositoryPersistor ?> RepositoryPersistor using
SAXParserFactory: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
 <metadata.MetadataManager ?> No repository.xml file found, starting with
empty metadata and connection configuration
 <metadata.MetadataManager ?> No 'default-connection' attribute set in
jdbc-connection-descriptors, thus it's currently not possible to use
'defaultPersistenceBroker()' convenience method to lookup PersistaenceBroker
instances. But it is posible to enable this at runtime using
'setDefaultKey'ethod.
<vo.PropertyTypeVO 136>PersistenceBrokerException thrown in
PropertyTypeDAO.delete(): org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFcatoryException: There
was no default-PBKey specified.
 i think i correctly place the repository.xml in WEB-INF/classes.
 if anybody can find the cause, it will be a great help for me.
 thank you
 shaji kurian

Re: repository not found

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 7/4/05, Shaji Kurian <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>  i am shajikurian, a software engineer. i have a problem regarding ojb.
>  i am using tomcat 4.1.31, struts1.2.7 and ojb1.0.3.. while i run the
> program an error is occuring in tomcat showing the following
> <metadata.RepositoryPersistor ?> OJB Descriptor Repository:
> file:/d:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
> /webapps/propertyposrtal/web-inf/classes/repository.xml
>  <metadata.RepositoryPersistor ?> Building repository from:
> file:/d:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
> /webapps/propertyposrtal/web-inf/classes/repository.xml
>  <metadata.RepositoryPersistor ?> RepositoryPersistor using
> SAXParserFactory: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
>  <metadata.MetadataManager ?> No repository.xml file found, starting with
> empty metadata and connection configuration
>  <metadata.MetadataManager ?> No 'default-connection' attribute set in
> jdbc-connection-descriptors, thus it's currently not possible to use
> 'defaultPersistenceBroker()' convenience method to lookup PersistaenceBroker
> instances. But it is posible to enable this at runtime using
> 'setDefaultKey'ethod.
> <vo.PropertyTypeVO 136>PersistenceBrokerException thrown in
> PropertyTypeDAO.delete(): org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFcatoryException: There
> was no default-PBKey specified.
>  i think i correctly place the repository.xml in WEB-INF/classes.
>  if anybody can find the cause, it will be a great help for me.

Yes, the place is correct; for web apps you usually place
OJB.properties and repository.xml in the WEB-INF/classes folder, and
in the OJB.properties file you'd leave the default entry of:

  repositoryFile=repository.xml

Could you test with a newer tomcat (5.5.x) just to see whether it works there ?

Tom