Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by sreepriya ramakrishnan <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/17 17:51:55 UTC

ServletFilters and Geronimo

Hi all,

Ihave configured my ServletFilter so that all *.do
pass through the filter. Now in cases where a x.do
internally calls another y.do, I am getting the
following exception. Can you please
ServletException at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:275)

I really appreciate your input.

-Priya

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre

Re: Session sharing between ears

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Nov 22, 2006, at 8:33 AM, sreepriya ramakrishnan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to share sessions between ear
> files in Geronimo or if its even possible?

The specs require that separate web apps, whether within one ear or
in separate ears, have separate sessions with no overlap or sharing.
However, it's possible to share session lifetimes across apps.  IIRC
in Jetty this always happens and in tomcat you have to indicate that
each app is cross-context and indicate a "context root" across which
lifetimes will be shared.

If you want to actually share information between sessions for
different web apps I think there's a way to use some kind of
listeners for session changes to notify the other app that something
changed: I'm not an expert on this and was told of it by some portlet
guys so it might only be available with portlets.

thanks
david jencks

Re: ServletFilters and Geronimo

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 11/17/06, sreepriya ramakrishnan <sr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ihave configured my ServletFilter so that all *.do
> pass through the filter. Now in cases where a x.do
> internally calls another y.do, I am getting the
> following exception. Can you please
> ServletException at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:275)

I can't answer your question other than to suggest that you do a
try-out on Tomcat standalone. If it works there, Geronimo's in trouble
;-) It will simplify your architecture a bit and help figuring out
what's wrong.

p.s. Do not cross-post to user and dev mailing list. It's clearly a
question that should've been sent to the user mailing list only.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl