Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Lucrecia Llerena <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/14 09:06:50 UTC

OpenOffice Writer Source Code Study

Dear

I am doing my thesis with the topic: Procedure Formalized for the
Incorporation of Usability Techniques in the Open Source Software
Development Process.

Based on the research I am doing I will propose improvements, although I am
clear if these recommendations are or will not be considered by you the
developers of the project. In any case as part of my thesis, I have to
study the OPENOFFICE WRITER source code, please indicate how I identify the
module that allows me to make improvements in the OPENOFFICE WRITER User
Interface according to my needs.

In this link (https://github.com/apache/openoffice) I downloaded all the
source code of OPENOFFICE but I do not specifically locate what I have to
do with WRITER. I ask you to tell me where to start and give me technical
information such as, which is developed in C ++ and how should I compile it.

I would appreciate your advice to continue my research.

In the end I will share the results of my thesis.

Eternally grateful

Lucrecia

Re: OpenOffice Writer Source Code Study

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:06:50 +0200
Lucrecia Llerena <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear
>

> I am doing my thesis with the topic: Procedure Formalized for the
> Incorporation of Usability Techniques in the Open Source Software
> Development Process.
>

> Based on the research I am doing I will propose improvements, although I am
> clear if these recommendations are or will not be considered by you the
> developers of the project. In any case as part of my thesis, I have to
> study the OPENOFFICE WRITER source code, please indicate how I identify the
> module that allows me to make improvements in the OPENOFFICE WRITER User
> Interface according to my needs.

You might use the Opengrok source code searcher to identify relevant sections of OpenOffice code
engrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/

It may also be that "improvements" in any OpenOffice module can be achieved by writing an Extension or an Add-on
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Development

RoryOF

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: OpenOffice Writer Source Code Study

Posted by Lucrecia Llerena <lu...@gmail.com>.
Dear
I enclose a letter dated June 2016 that I sent to Mr Hamilton to announce
the start and development of my doctoral research in the OpenOffice Writer
Project.
Regards
Lucrecia

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.