Posted to user@poi.apache.org by greg schwendinger <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/19 03:28:44 UTC

POI, OLE and Outlook PST

Hi,

This question is kind of a shot in the dark: what do people konw about any
format similarities between OLE files and Outlook archive (PST) files?  I know
that officially there are none, and of course Outlook is not an Office
application, but they are both from Microsoft and both understand MSG (.eml)
files, so it makes me curious.  At the same time I am doubtful since running
POI on PST files does not indicate much awareness of the contents.  Mostly I'm
fishing for tidbits of info people might have that would help me to decipher
PST files on unix systems.  (Yes, I am aware of the sourceforge "ol2mbox"
project, but it is not very robust yet.)

thanks,
Greg