Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2014/04/29 19:16:10 UTC

New committer: Jay Vyas

Guys,

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Bigtop has asked Jay Vyas to
become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted!

His ASF account has been created as: jay@apache.org

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is no
need to go via the proxy patch submission process. This should enable better
productivity.

Just keep in mind that Apache Bigtop practices RTC (review-then-commit)
development process which means that most of the time you still have to get at
least one +1 before the checkin. If in doubt exercise your best judgement and
don't hesitate to ask questions on this very mailing list.

We're happy to have you on board and looking for many more contributions to
come!

With regards,
  Cos

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Congrats! Well deserved!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Martin Bukatovic <mb...@redhat.com>.
Congratulations Jay!

Martin Bukatovic

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Congratulations Jay!

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.
Congratulations Jay!

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re:Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by pengwenwu2008 <pe...@163.com>.

At 2014-04-30 02:11:13,"Mark Grover" <ma...@apache.org> wrote: >Congrats, Jay! > > >On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote: > >> Guys, >> >> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Bigtop has asked Jay >> Vyas to >> become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted! >> >> His ASF account has been created as: jay@apache.org >> >> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there >> is no >> need to go via the proxy patch submission process. This should enable >> better >> productivity. >> >> Just keep in mind that Apache Bigtop practices RTC (review-then-commit) >> development process which means that most of the time you still have to >> get at >> least one +1 before the checkin. If in doubt exercise your best judgement >> and >> don't hesitate to ask questions on this very mailing list. >> >> We're happy to have you on board and looking for many more contributions to >> come! >> >> With regards, >>   Cos >>

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
For developers' update you can just go with the commit directly I suppose.

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone !

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@gopivotal.com>.
Congrats Jay !

Chandrasekhar Gopal
Pivotal Hadoop -- Build, Release and Deployments
cgopal@gopivotal.com

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Giridharan Kesavan <

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.
congrats jay!

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well deserved!

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.
Congrats, Jay!

Re: New committer: Jay Vyas

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Jay,

as a couple of first commits - to test your karma and all - you can update
Bigtop project's site with your information in src/site/xdoc/team-list.xml

Another good commit to do is to add your information to ASF committers'
directory as per
  http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html#committers-only-subversion-modules

In general, it is a good idea to go over new committers document
  http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html

Please feel free to reach out with any questions or issues you might have.

Regards,
  Cos