Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thorsten Mauch <ma...@imkenberg.de> on 2002/02/07 23:29:48 UTC

can't extend AbstractDOMTransformer, was Could not read resource file

Hi all
You may seen my previous messages. Now I
can explain my exact environment.
Under win2000 I installed
a new version from
Tomcat 4.01
and Cocoon 2.0.1
jdk1.3.1

I wrote a simple Transformer that extends AbstractDOMTransformer:

public class XFormTrans extends AbstractDOMTransformer {
  protected Document transform(Document doc) {
    return doc;
  }
}

if i add this transformer to the sitemap:

<map:match pattern="**.view">
	<map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>
	<map:transform type="XFormTrans"/>
	<map:serialize/>
</map:match>

the sitemap is setuped correctly, but if I access the the pipe
I get a error message:

type fatal
message Could not read resource
file:/C:/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/chiba/buglet.xml
description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not read resource
file:/C:/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/chiba/buglet.xml:
java.lang.NullPointerException

If I exchange the domtransfomer with the xslt-transformer
no error occour.

I tried also Tomcat 4.0 and jdk 1.3, 1.4 beta3
with the same result.

At least any ideas in what where I can seek
this error ?

thanx thorsten