Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Taylor Schneider <ts...@live.com> on 2013/08/29 17:17:48 UTC

CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Hello,
I have been trying to get cloudstack installed for several weeks now but keep running into issues.I was wondering if someone was available to talk about some things and high level and possibly take a look at my configs / logs to help troubleshoot?
Thanks

RE: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by DogPatch06 <Do...@gmx.com>.
Hi James

I have downloaded the uss-cloudstack-3.0.iso and I have burn it in a DVD.

When boot the server and start the installation of the CentOS by default it
ask me the dvd or the cd with the image of the CentOS.

Is this normal?  Can you help me??

Thanks in advice

Carlos

@Portugal

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

RE: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Taylor Schneider <ts...@live.com>.
James
This is a great idea. I would be great to get something like that going for the 4.2 release.

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by James Weir <ja...@usharesoft.com>.
Hi All,

RE: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Taylor Schneider <ts...@live.com>.

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Taylor,

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
Small correction on my part. Meng helped run through the docs for 4.1 [1]
and compiled the QuickInstallGuide (earlier called the Runbook). We
just forgot to include a build job to generate those docs:

You can find the latest here:
http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/master/job/build-docs-quickinstall-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Apache_CloudStack-4.2.0-qig-en-US.pdf

[1] http://markmail.org/message/jsxdlfn5illpe2ni

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Tracy Phillips <tr...@mantoso.com>.
Something that would go a long way is keeping the CentOS and Ubuntu install
instructions in separate documents. I am working on a cut and paste install

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
The CloudStack runbook [1] was started with exactly this in mind.
Getting first time users quickly up to speed and running with a trial
deployment. The installation guide was to delve into further detail
about planned larger deployments but that distinction perhaps was
perhaps lost in the pace of development.

Would be great to revive the runbook idea.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~ke4qqq/runbook/

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ron,

RE: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Re: CS 4.1 and CentOS 6.3

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Taylor Schneider <ts...@live.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been trying to get cloudstack installed for several weeks now but keep running into issues.I was wondering if someone was available to talk about some things and high level and possibly take a look at my configs / logs to help troubleshoot?
> Thanks

Hi Taylor, you should try IRC the #cloudstack channel on free node

Or directly ask on this list and post your logs somewhere like pastebin (the list trims attachments)

-sebastien