Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jean-Francois Beaulac <je...@beetext.com> on 2006/08/01 21:10:22 UTC

org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet won't deallocate

Hi,

Sometimes when I reload/shutdown my application I see this error message in tomcat's console window:
1-Aug-2006 3:06:50 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper unload
INFO: Waiting for 26 instance(s) to be deallocated

The number of instances is never the same.

I made myself a custom tomcat build and added some debug in
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.unload() to know what class those instances belongs to. The
instances which cannot be deallocated are instances of org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.

Anybody has an idea of what could cause this?

Thank you
--
Jean-Francois Beaulac
jean-francois.beaulac@beetext.com

Re: org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet won't deallocate

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Jean-Francois Beaulac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes when I reload/shutdown my application I see this error message
> in tomcat's console window:
> 1-Aug-2006 3:06:50 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper unload
> INFO: Waiting for 26 instance(s) to be deallocated

This is an INFO message, not an error.

> Anybody has an idea of what could cause this?

Usually servlets that haven't finished servicing requests.

Mark