Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Smith <Sm...@ali.com.au> on 2000/01/19 05:09:02 UTC

Win95 issues???

As a follow up to the email I sent below, I have discovered a whole host of
odd performances with tomcat on 95.

I have a couple of servlets that generate forms within the doPost method,
and those forms then repost to the same post method. The second time through
the doPost I check a form parameter, do some database stuff and generate a
confirmation screen.

On 95, nothing goes back to the browser the second time through the doPost.
All the database work is done, all the out.printlns are called, but nothing
is returned. IE and Netscape just sit there until they time out.

Identical setup on NT or UnixWare (literally copy the dir tree) works like a
beauty.

Frankly I can live with this - I will not be using 95 as a web server, but
I'm interested to know why.

I am using Tomcat CVS(19/1/00), JDK 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 (no difference).

Dave Smith
Software Team Leader
Systems R&D
Aristocrat Leisure Industries