Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paulo Alvim <al...@powerlogic.com.br> on 2004/04/07 16:20:16 UTC

tiles and tomcat 5

Hi!

I've been working for two entire days trying to move my "Struts RC1/Tiles"
based apps (I have to use struts RC1 from Feb 22 2003) from Tomcat 4.0.24 to
Tomcat 5.0.19 but I'm having performance problems related to "Tiles
includes".

Tomcat 5 is taking about 3-4 seconds to render each "tile" from my layouts,
even after the first call (as if it wasn't  compiled yet).

I didn't migrate to JSTL 1.1 (I'm using JSLT 1.0 "c" and "fmt" tag-ligs,
"tiles" and "html" tag-libs from Struts) because I have 30 people developing
with tomcat 4.0 and I'll need to deploy in several app servers using servlet
2.3 and JSP 1.2.

Anyone could give me additional information about this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Paulo Alvim
Powerlogic
Brazil