Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/19 19:37:54 UTC

[Documentation] New System Proposal

Hey Guys,

I just looked into what it would take to
have our documentation reside in the eclipse
help system.

Here's a link to the document I'm using to describe
the cookbook items for this type of effort:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/oersoy/collaboration.platform.documentation/cookbook.apt

In there I've listed the benefits of this approach and

various other cookbook items to get us going.

I'll paste the benefits parts below anyways, since I
believe this will make us more effective.

Cheers,
- Ole

Challenge

     Understanding the benefits of using the eclipse
help system
     for our documentation effort.

Solution

     TODO Fix link later.
     See:

http://directory.apache.org/documentation/collaboration/documentation/benefits

Discussion

     - Simple navigation.
     - Makes sense with respect to the LDAP Studio
eclipse plugin.
     - Ability to check out, update and resubmit
content, structure, and formatting documents.
     - Separation of content and format
     - CSS controlled styling.
     - Separation of content and structure.
     - XML descriptors for structure documents.
     - Ability to work on documentation in tool of
choice.
     - Ability to work in personally chosen
microformat.
     - Subversioned documentation.
     - Quick contribution of individual document to
apacheds.
     - Simplified content management.
     - Better documentation visibility.
     - Integrated lucene based searching.
     - Rapid recreation of documentation in other
formats.
     - One common model for all microformatted
documents.
     - Open source documentation platform for rapid
introduction of new documentation capabilities.
     - Project centric documentation location.
     - Zero effort with integration of apache
documentation into eclipse.

Need Mail bonding?

Re: [Documentation] New System Proposal

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hey, Ole,

On 1/19/07, Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I just looked into what it would take to
> have our documentation reside in the eclipse
> help system.

I have just posted a mail as a response for one of your commit. It's related
to this mail, so have a look at it.

More to come, I'he to leave office right now...

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny