Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dheeraj Anand <dh...@prakriti.com> on 2003/01/14 10:42:39 UTC

TOMCAT Crashing down

Dear All,

My tomcat is getting shutdown after giving following problem...

"An EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception has been detected in native code
outside the VM"

Any clue?

We are running some JSP pages that require connection to DB2 in backend. And
one Java multithreaded application is also running (separate to tomcat) and
this application also require access to DB2.

Regards,
Dheeraj

RE: TOMCAT Crashing down

Posted by David Durst <dd...@larubber.com>.
> Hi,
>
> we are using Windows 2000 professional edition and we are using JDK 1.3
> along with Tomcat 3.2.4.
> We are using DB2 Enterprise edition version 7.1 and JDBC driver is
> db2java.zip that resides in
>
> c:\program files\SQLLIB\java
>
> Regards,
> Dheeraj

I am not a Windows person but I will try to take a shot in the dark at this
one.

It sounds to me that you have a FILE ownership issue somewhere,
I experienced I think the same error under a Linux platform and
it had to do w/ file permissions.

But then again I could be completely off base here :)

Re: TOMCAT Crashing down

Posted by "Mr. Cristian Romanescu" <c....@finsiel.ro>.
Hello, again.
:-\  IMHO you should try using diferent distribution of  JDK / Tomcat (I
think Tomcat 4.x is better).
Also check if driver it's ok (i.e. works in other contexts / applications).
If  Tomcat is shutting down right after it starts, then there is a
problem loading one of the webapps libraries (jars classes etc), try
disabling and see what happens.

This is what I would do...

c.

RE: TOMCAT Crashing down