Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chengi Liu <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/17 22:03:26 UTC

High level API's

Hi,
   I have written some Hadoop based API's.
Because of which Java was my language of choice.
Now, I am  thinking of making those API's exposed via a high level
scripting languages.
But I dont want it to be some sort of hack (whatever it means).
If required, I am also willing to rewrite those API's from scratch but
offcourse, since it is dependent on hadoop, I cant just start using any
programming language.

I am thinking between Python, Scala, Lua and Julia?
Thanks

Re: High level API's

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
There are quite a few non-Java front-ends to Hadoop APIs in popular
languages already written by many involved in this community. I'm
unable to find a listing of all these implementations (such as dumbo,
scalding, etc.) but generally searching over the internet with
"language"+"hadoop" would yield some relevant results of various
implementations.

I'd also recommend taking a look at Apache Crunch at
http://crunch.apache.org (its got Scrunch for Scala folks).

--
Harsh J

Re: High level API's