Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Yan Virin <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/20 16:00:00 UTC

Run several cassandra instances on local machine

It seems to be impossible to run several cassandra instances on a
localmachine, due to the fact that the seeds are described as ip addresses
and not couples of ip address and port.
Is this correct? (In case I want to start a cluster of several nodes on one
machine for some testing)

--
Jan Virin
http://www.linkedin.com/in/yanvirin

Re: Run several cassandra instances on local machine

Posted by om...@octo.com.
You can also easily use VM (using NAT instead of bridged to avoid DHCP
when and if your computer connects to different network) to launch several
nodes with different IPs on your single host machine (I suppose you want to
do this for training)

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
You can easily run on 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.2, etc.

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Yan Virin <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to be impossible to run several cassandra instances on a
> localmachine, due to the fact that the seeds are described as ip addresses
> and not couples of ip address and port.
> Is this correct? (In case I want to start a cluster of several nodes on one
> machine for some testing)
>
> --
> Jan Virin
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/yanvirin

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
http://riptano.com

Re: Run several cassandra instances on local machine

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.