Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/09/02 16:11:51 UTC

BugRat Report #65 has been filed.

Bug report #65 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/65>

REPORT #65 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.1
   JVM Release: 1.3.0
   Operating System: Windows 2000
   OS Release: ? (latest)
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
If a custom tag has any attributes at all a java.lang.NoSuchMethodError exception is thrown.

I installed Tomcat 3.1 and tried to execute the "Simple custom tag example".

I got the following error message:

Error: 500

Location: /examples/jsp/simpletag/foo.jsp

No detailed message

In Tomcat's console I had:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError at

        org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createAttribute(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:502)
.
.
.

In TagLibraryInfoImpl.java I found these lines (line 502 in this source file is the return instruction below):

    TagAttributeInfo createAttribute(Element elem) {
        String name = null;
        boolean required = false, rtexprvalue = false, reqTime = false;
        String type = null;
.
.
.
        return new TagAttributeInfo(name, required, type, rtexprvalue);
    }

The TagAttributeInfo constructor's signature is actually:

public TagAttributeInfo(java.lang.String name,
                        boolean required,
                        boolean rtexprvalue,
                        java.lang.String type)