Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simon Oldeboershuis <so...@outermedia.de> on 2002/07/17 16:42:20 UTC

Re: HELP! - Modifying Catalina.bat for RMI

Hi James,

I am using tomcat together with JOnAS EJB-Server, therefore
I needed RMI as well.

I changed one line to set the correct JNDI properties:

set
JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory
-Djava.naming.provider.url=rmi://localhost:1099
-Djava.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.objectweb.jonas.naming

so long!

Simon

James Milks schrieb:

> Hi all,
> I searched the archives on this one, but couldn't find any answers, sorry if
> it is basic.
>
> I rebuilt my laptop and decided to upgrade from TOMCAT 3 to TOMCAT 4 (on
> Win2k pro with JDK 1.4). I managed to get everything working except RMI. I
> suspect that I simply need to add a configuration option to catalina.bat in
> the %_EXECJAVA% sections near the end of the file (which is what I did in
> tomcat.bat with TOMCAT 3) like this:
>
> -Djava.rmi.server.codebase="<path to my interface & stub classes>";
>
> However, when I do this in catalina.bat, TOMCAT won't start (I'm using
> startup.bat, not the "Start TOMCAT" link from the start menu...more on that
> below). I've tried moving the code snip around thinking that the order might
> matter, but have had no luck.
>
> Help!
>
> Also, I tried to add the same parameter to the link on the startmenu (which
> calls bootstrap.jar) but ran into a length issue for the target as I need to
> set the security policy in the same way. Can I shorten this link by using
> environment variables? I tried that with no luck either!
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> James Milks
> Noncubicle Corporation / LostHockey.com
> http://www.noncubicle.com