Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/02/28 01:47:52 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "AvoidingFpsForSenders" by JdFalk

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JdFalk:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AvoidingFpsForSenders

The comment on the change is:
updated return path lists

  '''Tip''': there are several whitelisting services which lower scores for sites using SpamAssassin network tests:

+  * Return Path ( http://www.returnpath.net/ )
+    Return Path’s Sender Score Certified is an email accreditation program (or "whitelist") with strict standards for both infrastructure and practices.  Return Path also operates the Sender Score Safelist, with somewhat different criteria.
-  * Bonded Sender ( http://www.bondedsender.org/ )
-    Originators of legitimate email can now post a financial bond to ensure the integrity of their email campaign. Receivers who feel they have received an unsolicited email from a Bonded Sender can complain to their ISP, enterprise, or Iron''''''Port and a financial charge is debited from the bond.
-  * Habeas ( http://www.habeas.com/ ).
-    They use a copyrighted piece of text that has restrictive licensing terms that forbid its use in spam combined with a DNS whitelist.  They have committed to sue spammers who violate the Habeas license.
-    Given that, as a result, we can count on mails with this token being non-spam, we're happy to give it "bonus points" and allow it through filters.
+    Given that, as a result, we can count on mails from these programs being non-spam, we're happy to give it "bonus points" and allow it through filters.
   * dnswl.org
     DNSWL.org provides a Whitelist of known legitimate email servers to reduce the chances of false positives while spam filtering.