Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by E Shanaka Jayasundera <sh...@aeturnum.com> on 2009/09/21 08:39:50 UTC

Axis web service issue with SOAP 1.1 - Web Service listener get shut down if we set SOAP security header

Hi ,

I have developed a ssl enabled  web application with web service security
enabled.

After that I wanted to disable only the web service security. In order to
disable web service security I commented the “<wsp:Policy …>” entry that I
have put in the service.xml and comment the Axis2AwareContextLoaderListener
listener and enabled the “ContextLoaderListener” in web.xml

After disabling ws security web.xml is as follows,

                <listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</liste
ner-class>

                </listener>

<!--<listener>

<listener-class>com.WebService.security.Axis2AwareContextLoaderListener</lis
tener-class>

                </listener>-->

After doing above mentioned changes I able to do my requesters without
setting  Soap security header, hence I think I have disabled web service
security correctly.

But, If I set security header I am getting different results with SOAP 1.1
and SOAP 1.2

In SOAP 1.2  à It gives bellow exception but web service will remain
listening and I can do request (Which is ok)

                                [ERROR] engine.AxisEngine Must Understand
check failed for header
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.
0.xsd : Security

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Must Understand check failed for header
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.
0.xsd : Security

        at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.checkMustUnderstand(AxisEngine.java:102)

        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:166)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HT
TPTransportUtils.java:275)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.ServerWorker.processPost(ServerWorker.java:
212)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.ServerWorker.run(ServerWorker.java:176)

        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1061)

        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run
(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:575)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

[ERROR] nhttp.ServerWorker Error processing POST request

[...]

with SOAP 1.1 à I am getting bellow error and web service  listening going
to shut down

[...]

[ERROR] nhttp.ServerHandler Unexpected HTTP protocol error :
Transfer-encoding header already present

org.apache.http.ProtocolException: Transfer-encoding header already present

        at
org.apache.http.protocol.ResponseContent.process(ResponseContent.java:67)

        at
org.apache.http.protocol.BasicHttpProcessor.process(BasicHttpProcessor.java:
304)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.ServerHandler.commitResponse(ServerHandler.
java:237)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.ServerWorker.run(ServerWorker.java:188)

[...]

[FATAL] nhttp.HttpCoreNIOListener Encountered an I/O error: I/O dispatch
worker terminated abnormally

org.apache.http.nio.reactor.IOReactorException: I/O dispatch worker
terminated abnormally

        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.execute(Abstra
ctMultiworkerIOReactor.java:199)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOListener.startServerEngine(HttpC
oreNIOListener.java:90)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOListener.access$100(HttpCoreNIOL
istener.java:51)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.HttpCoreNIOListener$1.run(HttpCoreNIOListen
er.java:197)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.LoggingNHttpServiceHandler.exception(Loggin
gNHttpServiceHandler.java:69)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.nhttp.SSLServerIOEventDispatch.outputReady(SSLSer
verIOEventDispatch.java:138)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.BaseIOReactor.writable(BaseIOReactor.java:1
17)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIOReactor.processEvent(AbstractIORe
actor.java:199)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIOReactor.processEvents(AbstractIOR
eactor.java:181)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIOReactor.execute(AbstractIOReactor
.java:143)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.BaseIOReactor.execute(BaseIOReactor.java:70
)

        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor$Worker.run(Abs
tractMultiworkerIOReactor.java:362)

        ... 1 more

[INFO] nhttp.HttpCoreNIOListener Listener Shutdown

Can any one please help me to solve this Listener Shut Down issue with SOAP
1.1

Thanks in advance.

Shanaka