Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de> on 2005/01/18 13:16:49 UTC

Custom javadoc tags

I'm using the tasklist plugin to generate a list of To Dos from @todo
tags in the code. The result is as expected. Javadoc (1.5), though,
does not cooperate. I've configured the custom tag in
project.properties like this:

maven.javadoc.customtags=tag1
tag1.name=todo
tag1.description=To Do:
tag1.enabled=true
tag1.scope=all

In the Javadoc Report I get the following warning

  Note: Custom tags that could override future standard tags:  @todo. To
avoid potential overrides, use at least one period character (.) in
custom tag names.

and the text from the @todo does not appear in the generated output.

Now, I really like the @todo tag and rather not change it to something
else. I'd like it even more if Sun supported this tag in the future and
I can (ideally) keep my javadoc commments as they are. What I don't
understand is why javadoc generates no output for the tag. Any ideas?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  I am the sum total of the parts
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        I control directly.