Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by mmorrell5 <dm...@verizon.net> on 2004/11/25 01:06:55 UTC

Novice question.

  This may be a dumb question....

  Is there any way to use TrapInclude outside of Apache? I would like
to use TrapInclude in a standalone script to create a html doc that
can be mailed. I would like to leverage what is already in some of my
Apache::ASP pages.

  Thanks for any help!!

Re: Novice question.

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
mmorrell5 wrote:
>   This may be a dumb question....
>
>   Is there any way to use TrapInclude outside of Apache? I would like
> to use TrapInclude in a standalone script to create a html doc that
> can be mailed. I would like to leverage what is already in some of my
> Apache::ASP pages.
>
>   Thanks for any help!!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Please check out http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html#Standalone%20Cbddd74cc
which tells you about the asp-perl script which provides the ability
to execute an ASP script outside a web server context.

 From some calling process then, you could do something like:

   my $output = `asp-perl -b some_file.asp`;

and assuming asp-perl was installed in your PATH, then this should
work correctly.

Also, try "perldoc asp-perl" for more information.

Regards,

Josh