Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hugo Gomes <hu...@lip.pt> on 2010/12/21 12:42:48 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd monitoring

Hi all,

	I'm managing a web server, and time to time, my machine load average
goes up, and when I run 'top' I see 1 or 2 httpd process consuming CPU
and Memory.
	So my question is, there is any tools that i can monitored my machine
and i could get what scripts on my web server make this happen.

	Ex. A tool that checks what cpu and memory my web pages scripts  are
consuming at X time?

	With the best regards,
	Hugo Gomes

     Hugo Gomes
     LIP
     Av. Elias Garcia 14, 1ยบ
     1000-149 Lisboa, Portugal
     Telef.:  +351- 217 998 587
     E-mail: hugo@lip.pt

Re: [users@httpd] httpd monitoring

Posted by Jeroen Geilman <je...@adaptr.nl>.
On 12/21/10 12:42 PM, Hugo Gomes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	I'm managing a web server, and time to time, my machine load average
> goes up, and when I run 'top' I see 1 or 2 httpd process consuming CPU
> and Memory.
> 	So my question is, there is any tools that i can monitored my machine
> and i could get what scripts on my web server make this happen.
>
> 	Ex. A tool that checks what cpu and memory my web pages scripts  are
> consuming at X time?

Load and enable mod_status
:http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_status.html

Set ExtendedStatus On in your global config to see what is consuming
what, or call it with "/URI?auto" to make the output parsable by scripts
(there are cacti scripts that graph this data)

--
J.