Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/07/05 23:46:39 UTC

Re: CopyField into another CopyField?

: In solr, is it possible to 'chain' copyfields so that you can copy the value
: of one into another?
: <copyField source="name" dest="autocomplete" />
: <copyField source="autocomplete" dest="ac_spellcheck" />
:
: Point being, every time I add a new field to the autocomplete, I want it to
: automatically also be added to ac_spellcheck without having to do it twice.

Sorry no, the IndexSchema won't recursively apply copyFields.  As i
recall it was implemented this way partly for simplicity, and largly to
protect people against the risk of infinite loops.  we could probably
make a more sophisticated impl that detects infinite loops, but that check
would slow things down and all solr could really do with it is throw an
error.

-Hoss