Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Paul van Hoven <pa...@googlemail.com> on 2013/02/19 14:23:54 UTC

Table deleted after restart of computer

I just started with hbase. Therefore I created a table and filled this
table with some data. But after restarting my computer all the data
has gone. This even happens when stopping hbase with stop-hbase.sh.

How can this happen?

Re: Table deleted after restart of computer

Posted by Ibrahim Yakti <iy...@souq.com>.
Hello Paul,

The default location for hbase data is /tmp so when you restart your
machine it will be deleted, you need to change it as per
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart

--
Ibrahim

Posted by Paul van Hoven <pa...@googlemail.com>.
I installed hbase via brew.

brew install hadoop hbase pig hive

Then I started hbase via start-hbase.sh command. Therefore I'm pretty
sure it is a standalone version.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.