Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Matthew Oatham <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/19 12:15:06 UTC

JAR task BUG ??

Hi,

I am using the JAR task in the following way -

   <target name="test">
       <jar destfile="${deployment.dir}/${test.name}.war">
           <zipfileset dir="${build.lib}" prefix="WEB-INF/lib">
               <include name="cos.jar" />
               <include name="crimson.jar" />
               <include name="xalan.jar" />
           </zipfileset>
       </jar>
   </target>

The first time the target is run everything is fine - the second time I run
the target the following files are added again to the war file - cos.jar
crimson.jar xalan.jar. Why are these being added again? Has anyone come
accross this behaviour before? Any way to avoid it?

Cheers.

Matt

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059

Re: JAR task BUG ??

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
On Mon, 19 May 2003 08:15 pm, Matthew Oatham wrote:
> I am using the JAR task in the following way -
>
>    <target name="test">
>        <jar destfile="${deployment.dir}/${test.name}.war">
>            <zipfileset dir="${build.lib}" prefix="WEB-INF/lib">
>                <include name="cos.jar" />
>                <include name="crimson.jar" />
>                <include name="xalan.jar" />
>            </zipfileset>
>        </jar>
>    </target>
>
> The first time the target is run everything is fine - the second time I run
> the target the following files are added again to the war file - cos.jar
> crimson.jar xalan.jar. Why are these being added again?

Have you changed any of these jars? If not, try running with -debug and see
what the <jar> task has to say for itself. It should indicate why it is
building the jar again/