Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Baer <jo...@digitalanywhere.com> on 2000/12/21 08:25:30 UTC

Oracle JDeveloper

Where can one find a eval copy of JDeveloper?  Is there one available?

I know that this might sound far fetched but there is a concept I have been
thinking about for a long time.  Im trying to think if there is a way that .sql
script files could work directly with manipulating JSP taglibs, for example
complete data-aware tags based on data structures created from sql.  Does
something like this exist as it?

Thanks.

- Jon

Re: Oracle JDeveloper

Posted by Boyd Waters <bw...@cv3.cv.nrao.edu>.
Jon Baer wrote:

> I know that this might sound far fetched but there is a concept I have been
> thinking about for a long time.  Im trying to think if there is a way that .sql
> script files could work directly with manipulating JSP taglibs, for example
> complete data-aware tags based on data structures created from sql.  Does
> something like this exist as it?

Jon:

 I wrote a silly demo sql taglib that Nacho cleaned up (read: totally
re-did! (thanks, Nacho!)) and is now part of the taglibs distribution.

In one incarnation of this taglib, the data was returned as XML, and I
wrapped it with an XSLT tag in order to produce HTML based on the XML. I
could therefore get pull-down selections in forms, for example, that
were based on the result of a SQL query. I don't know if that's what you
mean by a "data-aware tag" or not. Probably not, since you have to write
the XSLT too, but I think it's close...

So you could have something like

<xsl:apply xsl="resultSet-to-html-select.xsl">
  <sql:query id="getBoxen" connection="conn1" visibility="xml">
   <jsp:include file="your-query-here.sql" />
  </sql:query>
</xsl:apply>

I really should write the documetation for those SQL tags...

-- boyd

---------
Boyd Waters                                          bwaters@nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory              http://www.nrao.edu
PO Box 0 Socorro, NM 87801                               505.835.7346

                                        http://www.zocalo.net/~waters
                                                    waters@zocalo.net
---------