Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ken edward <ke...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/23 18:33:59 UTC

Upgraded to SVN 12 and now receiving very odd results via mod dav svn.

Hello,

I am configured as below:

Apache/2.4.39 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2r SVN/1.12.0 mod_auth_gssapi/1.6.1
mod_dav_svn configured

Apache+SVN comes up clean, no errors.

I pointed the httpd.conf repo locations and access control files to
the legacy 1.8 repo's and get varying results. Some of the repo's
display normally, but many just show the header and revision number,
but everything else is blank (shows nothing in the project, but there
is).

I tried reloading the 1.8 repos into clean 1.12 repo's, but same
issue. Zero errors in the log file. If I try to view the repo via the
browser or tortise SVN I just see:

camd_repo1 - Revision 451: /
[should see content here, but is empty]

ANY IDEAS?

Ken

Re: Upgraded to SVN 12 and now receiving very odd results via mod dav svn.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 02:33:59PM -0400, ken edward wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am configured as below:
>
> Apache/2.4.39 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2r SVN/1.12.0 mod_auth_gssapi/1.6.1
> mod_dav_svn configured
>
> Apache+SVN comes up clean, no errors.
>
> I pointed the httpd.conf repo locations and access control files to
> the legacy 1.8 repo's and get varying results. Some of the repo's
> display normally, but many just show the header and revision number,
> but everything else is blank (shows nothing in the project, but there
> is).
>
> I tried reloading the 1.8 repos into clean 1.12 repo's, but same
> issue. Zero errors in the log file. If I try to view the repo via the
> browser or tortise SVN I just see:
>
> camd_repo1 - Revision 451: /
> [should see content here, but is empty]
>

> ANY IDEAS?

Check release notes of 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12 for compatibility notes:
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/

My best guess is your access control files are causing problems:
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.10.html#authz-compatibility