Posted to user@beam.apache.org by yu...@oracle.com on 2021/03/05 22:00:19 UTC

Beam 2.27.0 + Flink 1.12.1 - Distribution Metrics is always 0 in Flink dashboard and Flink's PrometheusReporter

Hello,

I am trying to run a simple pipeline read messages from streams with Flink runner. I used a Counter Metric to count messages have been read and a Distribution Metric to update reading time. The Counter is displayed correctly in Flink dashboard, but the Distribution is always 0 both in Flink dashboard and Prometheus dashboard.

I also noticed this issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-10928?focusedCommentId=17246615&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17246615 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-10928?focusedCommentId=17246615&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17246615> been reported here. Would this be fixed recently or if anyone have similar issue and could provide any workaround?

Thanks,
Yu