Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2001/06/19 08:16:34 UTC

moving apache cocoon web site into cocoon2

there's been some renewed interest from the xml pmc in using cocoon2 to
generate part or all of xml.apache.org. do y'all think c2 is stable and
capable of performing that job? does anyone have any particular interest
in spearheading this? i don't think it should be too hard to transform the
stylebook map files into c2 sitemap files, at least as a starting point...

- donald

RE: moving apache cocoon web site into cocoon2

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > > there's been some renewed interest from the xml pmc in using cocoon2 to
> > > generate part or all of xml.apache.org. do y'all think c2 is stable and
> > > capable of performing that job? does anyone have any particular interest
> > > in spearheading this? i don't think it should be too hard to transform
> > > the
> > > stylebook map files into c2 sitemap files, at least as a starting
> > > point...
> >
> > I've pondered a little about it. The tricky part is the navigation bar. I've
> > tried to make a general pipeline snipped to achieve that but havn't had much
> > luck so far because of the fact that some links are active (the current page)
> > and other are not which a XSP has to recognize. I've tried to implement it as a
> > logicsheet which indeed would be a great convenience for all C2 users serving
> > sites of types like the xml.apache.org.
>
> What I did to archieve this is to a have a general sitemap xml (as a non-cocoon term)
> file with a definition of all accessible files and menus and their URIs.
> I pass the current URI via XSP and in the stylesheet you can quite easily select
> the current page an/or hide different levels of navigation by comparing the URIs.

Can this approach be used with out current document system at
xml.apache.org (site-/docs-book.xml, document-v10.dtd, etc.)?

Giacomo

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.