Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by hr...@silbergrau.com on 2002/06/12 10:00:05 UTC

Apache + Tomcat + SSI

Hello everyone!

I have a problem concerning Apache + Tomcat + mod_jk + SSI (server side
includes):
I want to place a SSI in a html-page which is dynamically generated by a
jsp-page.
In static html-files (in those in my Apache htdocs-directory) SSI are
working perfectly, but as soon as the page is generated by Tomcat, the
SSI-directives are just sent to the browser, but not evaluated.
So for my problem  Apache would have to let Tomcat handle the jsp-Request
first and then parse the generated document for SSI-directives --- how
could I configure it to do so???

In the archives I found some questions like this one, but I have not seen
a solution posted for this problem yet ... only some people proposing to
use jsp:includes instead, but I really DO want Apache to handle these
includes (performance)!!!

Is there a solution for my configuration (Apache 1.3 + Tomcat 3.2.3) or
for a different configuration (like Apache 2.0 + Tomcat 4.0) ???

Thanks for any hints
Helmut Rubasch

Silbergrau Consulting & Software GmbH
fon: +43.70.779169-25