Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Welty, Richard" <rw...@ltionline.com> on 2012/03/05 22:09:20 UTC

disabling QueryElevationComponent

i googled and found numerous references to this, but no answers that went to my specific issues.

i have a solr 3.5.0 server set up that needs to index several different document types, there is no common unique key field. so i can't use the uniqueKey declaration and need to disable the QueryElevationComponent.

when i set this up with the uniqueKey, i mapped ids from the various database tables to the id key temporarily just to get things working, but the results from queries are showing me i really have to get rid of that hack. so i commented out uniqueKey in schema.xml and commented out the QueryElevationComponent searchComponent and the associated requestHandler in solrconfig.xml

when i restart solr and go to the solr/admin/dataimport.jsp page to test, i get the 'missing core name in path' error.

so what further configuration changes are required to disable QueryElevationComponent?

thanks,
   richard

RE: disabling QueryElevationComponent

Posted by "Welty, Richard" <rw...@ltionline.com>.
Walter Underwood [mailto:wunder@wunderwood.org] writes:

>On Mar 5, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Welty, Richard wrote:

>> Walter Underwood [mailto:wunder@wunderwood.org] writes:

>>> You may be able to have unique keys. At Netflix, I found that there were
>>> collisions between the movie IDs and the person IDs. So, I put an 'm' at
>>> the beginning of each movie ID and a 'p' at the beginning of each person
>>> ID. Like magic, I had unique IDs.

>> did you do this with a transformer at index time, or in some other manner?

>SQL should be able to do this, though it might not be portable. For MySQL is
> it something like:

>select
>   concat('m', movie_id) as id,

ok, thanks. i know how to do that in postgresql...

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
On Mar 5, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Welty, Richard wrote:

> Walter Underwood [mailto:wunder@wunderwood.org] writes:
>
>> You may be able to have unique keys. At Netflix, I found that there were collisions between >the movie IDs and the person IDs. So, I put an 'm' at the beginning of each movie ID and a >'p' at the beginning of each person ID. Like magic, I had unique IDs.
>
> did you do this with a transformer at index time, or in some other manner?

I had custom code for indexing; this was in Solr 1.3.

SQL should be able to do this, though it might not be portable. For MySQL is it something like:

select
   concat('m', movie_id) as id,

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

RE: disabling QueryElevationComponent

Posted by "Welty, Richard" <rw...@ltionline.com>.

Walter Underwood [mailto:wunder@wunderwood.org] writes:

>You may be able to have unique keys. At Netflix, I found that there were collisions between >the movie IDs and the person IDs. So, I put an 'm' at the beginning of each movie ID and a >'p' at the beginning of each person ID. Like magic, I had unique IDs.

did you do this with a transformer at index time, or in some other manner?

>You should be able to disable the query elevation stuff by removing it from your >solrconfig.xml.

the documentation certainly implies this, which is why i'm baffled. i see no reason
why removing the config should trigger the multiple core error when i only have the
default setup with one core.

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.