Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Santosh Shet <sa...@vista-one-solutions.com> on 2013/12/12 11:09:33 UTC

Unable to create collection inside collection

Hi,

I am not able to create collection inside another collection in Cassandra. Please find screenshot below

[cid:image001.png@01CEF750.4A9B5020]

In the above screenshot, I am trying to create column named feeschedule with type Map and Map have values which is of type List.

Could anybody suggest me how do I achieve it in Cassandra.
My Cassandra version details are given below:

cqlsh version- cqlsh 4.1.0
Cassandra version - 2.0.2

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Santosh Shet
Software Engineer | VistaOne Solutions
Direct India : +91 80 30273829 | Mobile India : +91 8105720582
Skype : santushet

Re: Unable to create collection inside collection

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> Could anybody suggest me how do I achieve it in Cassandra.
It’s not supported.

You may want to model the feeschedule as a table.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton